Lost cable internet connection

ceecee 21:09 17 Jan 04

Can anybody help me get my internet connection working again. It was fine one day then not working the next. It's not the modem as it works fine on my other computer. I am running Windows ME.

VoG II 21:11 17 Jan 04

More info please!

Is it NTL or Blueyonder? How is it all connected?

ceecee 21:24 17 Jan 04

It's NTL and it's USB connection. Is that what you mean?

only me 21:25 17 Jan 04

Hi ceecee
if you have B/Band connection on telewest unplug modem from mains for few seconds plug back in wait till lights stabilize try again

ceecee 21:29 17 Jan 04

It's NTL and I tried switching on and off. Didn't work!!

ianeon 17:36 18 Jan 04

Blueyonder has a diagnostic tool to solve problems like yours - does NTL ?

bananaslik 17:45 18 Jan 04

hi ceecee,have you tried to re-install from ntl's disc.i have just formatted & people say u don't need to re-install by for some reason i always have to.i connect the same as u.just a thought.best to try everything before u ring the dreaded tech costlyline.

canard 18:42 18 Jan 04

You may need to phone them. There is a free number if you're on their phoneline. Odd things can happen which only they can sort out [like when they give out new numbers and assigned mine to a deceased modem].

ceecee 22:25 18 Jan 04

I have already spoken to the tech line and they say the modem is working fine so it must be a problem with the computer. It does connect OK the web page opens but I get the unavailable message and can't receive e-mail.

turnip 60 22:32 18 Jan 04

I have the same connection as you and i am with ntl.I had a problem similar to yours and the techie I spoke to at ntl told me the same as they told you .However know what they are like i ohone them again later got a different techie and he put the problem right for me.
I would phone them again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…