lost Broadband Connection

talia 19:31 29 Jun 05

Help!

I have put a new MB in my PC Connected everything exempt the internal modem as I have a broadband, usb and I cannot connect to the net,

Running XP2, everything is the same on the HD but the network connection is missing. My Speedtouch modem all installed but I cannot get a connection even after complete reinstall of the broadband modem.

What am I missing? Do I need to instal the internal modem?

Graham ® 19:36 29 Jun 05

Are the USBs active in Device Manager?

woodchip 19:42 29 Jun 05

You need to load Motherboard Drivers of CD. And it still may not work. Best is do a clean install

Completealias 19:48 29 Jun 05

I would go with a clean install as well. When windows is installed it tailors itself to the hardware in that pc and so if you do a major hardware change you are still left with drivers, files etc relating to the old hardware which can slow things down and possibly cause glitches.

talia 20:36 29 Jun 05

All Usb working fine and I did an instal repair and have loaded MB drivers from disc.

The only thing that disappeared was my internet connection. TCIP settings are there also

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…