lost bookmarks for firefox

brigtoo 12:43 04 Jan 06

after a download of open office i have no bookmarks. a system restore has not replaced them. ive imported an older set from i.e. also when opening firefox it now requires a little resizing to fit the screen.

Belatucadrus 12:49 04 Jan 06

Interesting my Firefox bookmarks have also vanished, I had to import from a backup copy. As this machine hasn't got a copy of OpenOffice on, I doubt that's the culprit.
Anybody else experienced this ?

flimbo 13:26 04 Jan 06

I lost my Firefox bookmarks yesterday too. It happened after a Winamp crash totally unrelated to Firefox. I had to reset my computer by turning it off. Then when chkdsk was running at startup it indicated that the bookmark file in the FF profile was corrupt.

brigtoo 13:30 04 Jan 06

is there any way they can be reinstalled or is it "start again".

Belatucadrus 14:09 04 Jan 06

Search for a file called "bookmarkbackups" it should hold a couple of archive versions. Then open the Firefox Bookmarks manager and use the Import from File wizard to import the last suitable file.
Having found a suitable backup with search, I found it easier to copy and past a duplicate to the desktop rather than trawling through endless files with the wizard to dig it out again.

Hamish 14:09 04 Jan 06
  brigtoo 15:05 04 Jan 06

thanks everybody, used the dasktop method as per belatucardus. this forum comes up trumps again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant