Lost bookmarks - BT Yahoo Windows XP

blue danube 22:43 03 Mar 10

For some reason I have lost all my bookmarks. I use BT Yahoo and Windows XP.

Hope you can help

Thanks - Richard

BONDLB 12:21 16 Mar 10

I have also for some resason lost all my Bookmarks. The Bookmarks shown on the Menu Bar [Add/ Enter/ Import]is just light now, NOT highlighted. This was the same on the Tool Bar Symbol but I have now lost this completely.
Hope you can help.
Thanks - Denis

BONDLB 12:21 16 Mar 10

I have also for some resason lost all my Bookmarks. The Bookmarks shown on the Menu Bar [Add/ Enter/ Import]is just light now, NOT highlighted. This was the same on the Tool Bar Symbol but I have now lost this completely.
Hope you can help.
Thanks - Denis

northumbria61 12:53 16 Mar 10

try some of following possible remedies.

1-Try system restore
to an earlier date when it was ok.

2-right click on an empty space in the toolbar
first, then click on Customise.
This should open up a box with the various items which you can just click on and drag onto the toolbar.

3-From your homepage select the 'Add Content' option. Use the content search to locate the 'Add bookmark pane' icon, select the bookmark icon then the 'I'm done' button. Sign out then back into your account and the bookmarks should all be listed & function OK.

4-try reinstalling the Yahoo browser again

northumbria61 13:00 16 Mar 10

Hi blue danube and BONDLB - Further - this appears to be a BT/Yahoo. Look at the bottom 2 on the page.

click here

Sea Urchin 13:15 16 Mar 10

As discussed here on this forum

click here

BONDLB 10:33 18 Mar 10

I would just like to thank everyone for their help in this apparently BT/YAHOO problem. I have been ill the past two weeks but when I get my voice back BT will hear from me!! I did several procedures advised by you folk [I'm 84 years old] and finally did the Sidebar suggestion, in variation, and it worked. My Bookmarks are back but miss the Symbol on my Tool Bar, not certain how I lost it and found myself with a new Tool Bar!. With downloading IE8 I managed to insert Bookmarks but it it does not show how to Add or Delete - not worried, the Sidebar trick did the job.

BONDLB 10:37 18 Mar 10

P.S. Forgot to mention that I open the Bookmarks from the Menu Bar which has Add/ Edit/ Import.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…