Lost Bold/Underline and Alignment functions on toolbar

Duncanf 19:25 PM 17 Sep 11

I'm using MS Publisher in an old MS Office 2000 version and for some reason some of the icons have vanished from the toolbar. I need the Bold/Underline and the text alignment/justify options. I'm having to use Control B and Control U at moment. Thanks for any help.

northumbria61 20:07 PM 17 Sep 11

Try this - In Word Right Click anywhere on the Toolbar, click on Cusomize, click on the Options tab then click on 'Reset menu and toolbar usage data' button. You will receive a message, click on Yes, restart word.

TonyV 20:15 PM 17 Sep 11

As northumbria61 says, even in Publisher, you should be able to do the same thing, but you need to make sure that you have a tool bar available to you. i.e. have a blank page open.

Duncanf 20:36 PM 17 Sep 11

Thanks, northumbria61. I've found the problem and it was my mistake. I was working with a folded news sheet and hadn't highlighted the text box. As soon as I did, the options appeared. Sorry for a silly error on my part and thanks for your suggestion.

Duncanf 20:38 PM 17 Sep 11

Thanks too to TonyV. It was a silly error on my part. At 72 I forget these things sometimes! Many thanks. Problem solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Cyber Monday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know