Lost BBC1 on my tv

depressed 13:25 17 Jul 09

I have lost BBC1 when I updated my search as prompted by my TV. I have all other programmes including BBC2 etc and all are in their correct places. I have spent hours trying to reprogramme and find the lost BBC1. I have another tv which is running off the same ariel and there is no problem there..I just do not know what else to do?

any suggestions wouldbe appreciated.

Thank you

Stuartli 13:32 17 Jul 09

Try tuning BBC1 manually.

You might also (if your set is similar to mine's menu options) inadvertently deleted BBC1 in your Favourites.

depressed 13:50 17 Jul 09

Thanks for your response. I have checked favourites and it is not there. I am unsure how to manually set programmes I have a 5 year old Pansonic which has never let me down before. I has got to be some thing quite obvious..but at the moment not to me!!!!

Thanks

Clapton is God 13:51 17 Jul 09

Are we talking analogue or digital?

And from which transmitter?

depressed 13:59 17 Jul 09

Digital .. thanks

depressed 14:01 17 Jul 09

emleymoor yorkshire. my other TV off the same arial does not have a problem with BBC1

Stuartli 14:02 17 Jul 09

You didn't say your TV was five years old - as Clapton is God has asked, does it relate to analogue or digital (Freeview) transmissions (if you have an integrated set)?

You can find out any transmitter work being undertaken or channels temporarily off-air at:

click here

or

click here

Stuartli 14:04 17 Jul 09
  ened 14:06 17 Jul 09

I had this problem just last weekend.

Try a re-tune with the aerial going directly into the back of the TV.

Once you have found your lost channels you will keep them unless you do a further re-tune.

In the end I kept checking the signal strength and when it was showing as 'Excellent' I did the re-tune again and got them back.

click here

Clapton is God 14:12 17 Jul 09

I've been having the same problem for a few weeks now - constantly getting 'No signal' messages from EVERY BBC digital channel and, like you, when I did a re-tune I lost all BBC!

Most recently this problem coincided with work being done on the transmitter (Crystal Palace).

When that was finished, I re-tuned again and hey presto!

Fingers crossed.

depressed 14:15 17 Jul 09

T have retuned until I am blue...taken out the arial from it's socket checked my favourites...pressed every button there is. All pictures and sound are perfect..signal is 9/10. My TV set is free view as is the other set I have which is working perfctly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…