lost BB connection.

Dorsai 14:30 19 Jul 04

At 4pm saturday 17th i was on line, when suddenly up came a 'page unavaliable' screen. I had been discconeted. I tried to dial back up, and apart for half an hour last night, have been compeatly unable to get back on.

When i turn the PC on the segam modem instantly lights up both the ADSL and power light. When i try to connect it says 'dialing... unable to establish connection'

The borrowed modem takes a bit longer for the ADSL and power lights to light, but by the time the pc has booted up, and i have loged into Xp the ADSL light has stopped flashing. but i get the same message when i try to connect.

I have tried turning off my firewall, to no effect.

I have tiscali 5x, XP home, A segab USB modem as supplied by Tiscali.

I have re-typed my password several times just in case it was wrong.

Any ideas.
I will have to check this thread tomorrow as being naughty and posting from work.

spuds 19:51 19 Jul 04

If you go to the Tiscali Help click here and use the Search Tiscali Help for:[box].Type 'page unavailable', and it will give the the solution and instructions on solving the problem.Print-out the instructions if possible.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:00 19 Jul 04

This is either an ISP problem or BT line problem.

I lost my BB connection for a couple of hours the other night due to a Wannado fault.

Dorsai 20:02 19 Jul 04

I have just tried that.

The problem i have been having, more often then not since sat is not page unavaliabe, but conection failed/modem not detected/no dial tone/dialing..dialing..no network detected...etc.

I managed half an hour monday morning at 2AM, but was tired, logged off, and went to bed, when i tried on my luck on my lunch hour monday, no joy, could not even persuade my PC that i had a USB modem, let alone try to use it.

Got home from work this PM, tried once on the off chance and got straight in, so have been carefull not to let the connection drop, just in case it wont come back.

I have just tried that.

The problem i have been having, more often then not since sat is not page unavaliabe, but conection failed/modem not detected/no dial tone/dialing..dialing..no network detected...etc.

I managed half an hour monday morning at 2AM, but was tired, logged off, and went to bed, when i tried on my luck on my lunch hour monday, no joy, could not even persuade my PC that i had a USB modem, let alone try to use it.

Got home from work this PM, tried once on the off chance and got straight in, so have been carefull not to let the connection drop, just in case it wont come back.

I have just tried that.

Dorsai 20:04 19 Jul 04

oops. It just died for a couple of mins..then came back.

Dorsai 20:12 19 Jul 04

When i was on dial up and it would not dial up, all i had to do was pick up the phone and make sure i had a dial tone. If i did not (have a dial tone, that is, as happened two weeks ago,) i knew the phone line was at fault. But how do i tell if the BB connection is there??

Ok, so the Modem has a ADSl light, but if the modem if duff, and lights the light when it should not, how do i tell where the fault is?

igr 21:23 19 Jul 04

Reload the drivers - follow the set up as if it was a new instalation. It happens to me occasionally and its always worked.

Daveboy 23:16 19 Jul 04

If you have a BT line supplying your adsl change your log in to [email protected]_domain, this will merely log into bt.ras server (you cant surf from here)but it does prove BT is sending the b/b signal. Is it the blue Sagem modem ? Not had much faith in them .

Irishman 23:33 19 Jul 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…