Lost Audio Drivers

Satmansq 14:50 06 Nov 05

I have an Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe motherboard, with Windows XP SP2. I have recently lost my audio device, the device manager does not seem to have any problems, the on board audio device works during bootup, the POST report is given through the external speakers. I have downloaded and installed several nvidia drivers to no avail. Sound and Audio devices in the control panel reports No Audio Device.

Would appreciate some help

AndySD 15:05 06 Nov 05

Boot into the bios/setup and check that the sound is enabled.

Satmansq 15:22 06 Nov 05

Have already tried that Andy, it is enabled

AndySD 15:29 06 Nov 05

Try booting into safe mode and look there if there are any audio devices remove them then reboot into windows.

AndySD 15:31 06 Nov 05

Ok so I am at work so there are some things I cant check but look in the Motherboard Manual to see if the sound is controlled by a jumper on the motherboard, if it is you should check its not worked loose.

Stuartli 15:31 06 Nov 05

nVidia drivers are for graphics cards.

Go to the Asus website - it has a comprehensive selection of audio drivers (along with others such as motherboard drivers!)

Stuartli 15:32 06 Nov 05

First try Removing the sound chipset in Device Manager and then rebooting.

Stuartli 15:34 06 Nov 05

Sorry, forgotten about some mobos having various onboard nVidia chipsets these days...:-)

But still worth a Remove and reboot.

Satmansq 16:06 06 Nov 05

I am grateful for all suggestions, however I have tried all the above

Splork 16:09 06 Nov 05

Device Manager/Sound Video Game Controllers - Do you have Nvidia NForce Audio Codec Interface and Nvidia NForce MCP Audio Proessing Unit?

Splork 16:11 06 Nov 05

Do they appear in Safe Mode if you can't see them when you boot normally.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…