Lost all sound.

geordielad307 17:04 05 Sep 06

Last night I Uninstalled Realtek player as I have never once used it. Having done so I now have no sound from my Windows media player, Nero player, or
Showtime player , although all play DVD's perfectly, albeit with no sound. I have looked at Contol Panel Volume control, but it is now "greyed"-out.
Desperate for help .... PLEASE.

Novice.

Serenius 17:09 05 Sep 06

Try reinstalling the driver for your soundcard.

pj123 17:12 05 Sep 06

Realtek is part of your AC97 onboard sound system.

It has nothing to do with Real Player.

You obviously have used it because that's why you have no sound now.

The drivers to reinstall it should be on your Motherboard CD.

skidzy 17:14 05 Sep 06

"Last night I Uninstalled Realtek player"

Do you mean you uninstalled Real Player,if not ,you have uninstalled your onboard sound card.

As Serenius,you will need to reinstall the driver.Maybe through Device Manager and install the driver.

Hope this helps

skidzy 17:14 05 Sep 06

Sorry PJ,again i must type quicker Lol

skidzy 17:18 05 Sep 06

click here Think this yours.

geordielad307 17:28 05 Sep 06

Thanks guys ... only posted for 5 minutes, and 5 replies. Amazing.
Skidsy, I am currently downloading the file you have highlighted. Will let you all knowif this does the trick. Meanwhile .... holding my breath. Thanks.

Not yet resolved.!!

geordielad307 18:36 05 Sep 06

Terrific ... feel elated.
Thanks to all, especially you Skidsy. I downloaded the 1st.of the 3 listed and everything works perfectly now. I am one happy bunny again. lol.
Am I correct in assuming that I needn't download the other 2 pieces.?

skidzy 18:53 05 Sep 06

Your sorted Geordie,well done.

geordielad307 09:50 06 Sep 06

And a big Thank You to you guys. PC Advisor, Help Forum ... my first port of call whenever I have a problem I can't sort myself. NEVER FAILS ... you Guys are TOPS.

skidzy 16:45 06 Sep 06

Geordie,i came across PCA a while ago looking for help.
Since then ive learnt and studied from these people and now luckily i can help where i can,and i love it.Its a great forum with very friendly and helpful people.

Just one little thing Geordie,would you mind ticking resolved as this may help others in the future who may have a similar problem to you.

All the best Geordie

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…