Lost all my hard drive disc space!!

Sani1 13:13 28 Oct 04

Please can you help!! i have XP, 256 ram, 2.28 GB hard drive. been trying to remove east asian language pack installed year ago, whick took huge chunk of my disc space. so set a system restore date then reinstalled EAL pack from XP CD ROM thinking i could uninstall it easily and maybe regain some space. however it didnt uninstall by my unchecking box in Regional & Languages/Languages/East Asian Languages. I found I lost even more disc space, so did system restore but it didnt correct it - did a 2nd system restore and now i am down to 8% free space (194 mb)! dont know what to try next! I know I should have left well alone as I have been operating quite well on 27% free disc space (about 600 MB)up to now. obviously got too much time on my hands!!

MeV1 13:31 28 Oct 04

Try and remoove the language packs in safemode.

Failing that, buy a bigger hard disk. 2.2Gb really isnt alot for a system running XP as it will take up nearly half that with windows alon.

You can add a second hard disk without having to reinstall windows or any programs.

Sani1 12:51 29 Oct 04

Thank you so much. I did system restore in safe mode and it worked that time. I will definately think about a bigger hard disk!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…