Lost all inbox emails.

Toyotaboy 10:41 17 Feb 08

Running Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Outlook Express 6.
While browsing "inbox" emails the computer suddenly switched itself off and then automatically re-booted. On navigating back to the inbox I found it to be completely empty. Approx. 160 emails, all gone!
I suspect they are still on the hard drive somewhere. Is there any way I can retrieve them?
I have already searched for dbx. files and folder and moved them to inbox, but they were only duplicates of the new emails in there since the crash.
Is anyone able to help please?

johnnyrocker 10:46 17 Feb 08

system restore? it solved a similar problem for me a while back

johnny

MAJ 11:38 17 Feb 08

In Outlook Express, try going to View > Current View > Show all messages.

Toyotaboy 20:25 17 Feb 08

johnny and MAJ,

Thanks for the response. Sorry to be so long getting back to you, I appear to have more than one problem here. As I attempted to get back to you the computer crashed, it just hung-up this time, nothing would get it moving so I pushed the reset button on the computer and this sorted it out for now. Probably not the right thing to do?
Should have mentioned earlier that I tried system restore to no avail.
MAJ, tried that too, just shows the latest emails that have arrived since the shut down.
I reckon the old emails are still on the drive because OE keeps offering to compact messages for more disc space. I won't let it do that because it will start overwriting them if they are there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…