Lost Admin password

Doire_Bhoy 09:59 24 Oct 05

Fella rang me up on thursday night to look at his machine as it wasnt booting up correctly.

I booted from his XP disc and went into the Recovery Console so i could FIXBOOT, however to do this i needed his admin password....he had forgotten it!

Is there any way of getting it back? Or is a reinstall of XP the only option to get the PC up and running?

Methedrine 10:26 24 Oct 05

These might help you.

click here

Methedrine 10:26 24 Oct 05

These might help you.

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:58 24 Oct 05

Windows XP
Try this:

1- boot to the windows xp CD ,

2- press enter to start setup ,

3- press F8 for the license

agreement ,

4- when you get the option to repair the current installation press R to do so ,

5- let it run through and for windows XP wait until it reboots and is installing, devices then

press shift F10 to open a command prompt.

6- type in "nusrmgr.cpl" w/o quotation marks at the command prompt and press enter. This should open up the user accounts applet in XP

7- select the users and change or remove their passwords accordingly, apply settings and close the control panel windows and command prompt windows so that just setup is running again. ,

8- let the inplace upgrade finish.

The user should now be able to log in when it finishes and not have to reinstall the programs like in a parallel install.

Monoux 18:27 24 Oct 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…