Lost ability to view any images.

Newuser2999 16:01 21 Sep 03

Recently I have lost all abiltity to view any images. All I now see is a box with a red x where an image is. Any idea what happened, and how can I fix it?

MAJ 16:04 21 Sep 03

Is this on the internet, in email, in folders? Also which operating system?

nobrain 18:12 21 Sep 03

Hi i have the same problem ! some sites i cant get in and others its just a box with a cross on the top left hand corner . i think its to do with Internet security settings but cant find out how to change it .

OneSirKnight 18:51 21 Sep 03

on the top of your browser page "Tools/internet options/security level/... or control panel

OneSirKnight 19:00 21 Sep 03

Maybe your "cache" space is all filled up. Click TOOLS -> INTERNET OPTIONS -> DELETE FILES -> DELETE ALL OFF LINE CONTENT -> OK.

nobrain 20:25 21 Sep 03

thank you done that now . i cant tick the bow to say its been resolved cause i dont know if "newuser" has sorted his prob out ,cheers

Newuser2999 21:43 22 Sep 03

I tried deleting all internet files including those off-line. No joy. I'm using Office 2000 with Windows 98. The red X place holders arise on-line using internet explorer. Thanks for your responses, so far.

WebGuy 22:18 22 Sep 03

Open INTERNET EXPLORER -->TOOLS -->INTERNET OPTIONS -->ADVANCED -->MULTIMEDIA SECTION --> TICK "SHOW PICTURES", VIDEOS ETC. Maybe someone did it to speed-up pages downloading. If the images is .TIFF try AlternaTIff plugin on the cover PCA DVD.

Newuser2999 21:14 23 Sep 03

Have tried this:

Open INTERNET EXPLORER -->TOOLS -->INTERNET OPTIONS -->ADVANCED -->MULTIMEDIA SECTION --> TICK "SHOW PICTURES", VIDEOS ETC.

No joy...yet.

WebGuy 21:53 23 Sep 03

Well... reinstall browser perhaps...

WebGuy 22:09 23 Sep 03

After clicking OK, press REFRESH button, or restart browser. Or restart your PC and then Go online.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…