Loss of wireless connection SP3

raysophie 12:08 06 Mar 09

Have a Medion PC with windows XP, it has RaLink RT2500 USB Wireless LAN card, having seen another post regarding the failure of this card to work with SP3, I am trying to find where I can download update with no luck (or no idea). Tried Driver Detective which showed various units in machine needed updated then procedded to ask for $29 to sort out, should have known it wass not free as advertised. Any help appreciated.I have restored system to SP2 and card works OK.

ambra4 12:16 06 Mar 09
  gary2112 12:19 06 Mar 09

does the device show up in your system as haveing a yellow mark?.all i do have this driver program i payed for it lol,if you do a scan and tell me what drivers you need for your network device ill send you th driver if it helps ill need the model number of your pc,and make .

raysophie 12:50 06 Mar 09

abra4 sorry for not knowing have gone to link given and all files are Zipped which one/ones do I open for my card?
Gary2112 there are no yellow marks, will try ambra4 fix first. Thanks to both of you for your help

Stuartli 13:12 06 Mar 09

I had this problem with a friend's system when I installed SP3 - all it required was to reinstall the wireless router drivers.

Sea Urchin 13:20 06 Mar 09

In ambra4's "click here" there's only one link to download from - just below where it says

Download driver from Ralink Technology Corp:

raysophie 13:42 06 Mar 09

I have gone to ambra4's link and the link to Ralink brings up about 25 Zipped files from 1. dot.bmp to data2.cab do I have to open all of these? Sorry about being a bit slow but this is all new to me

ambra4 14:05 06 Mar 09

Just click on the link will download the driver

click here

ambra4 14:07 06 Mar 09

Sorry

click here

raysophie 15:20 06 Mar 09

Have downloaded from above link and got 25 zipped files. Opened with WinZip evaluation version with Actions-checkout this opened the 25 files went to GN-WIKG_X64 setup.exe and opened this seems to have reset access to BT Home hub, no have no idea what I am doing!!!

raysophie 15:25 06 Mar 09

click here
This is the link I am going too

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…