loss of viewing facility in Outlook Express

Dasmad 22:17 03 Aug 05

suddenly I find that I cannot show the content of messages, either incoming or sent, and their attachments will not open, no matter what kind, for reasons which are not explained. must be something simple, but can somebody tell me what it is......? I have tried reinstallation of OE 6, to no avail. I do still have some interference from an adware hijack which I haven't been able to get rid of, but this problem seems to have arrived out of the blue.
any ideas, anyone.......?
I shall of course review any replies online..!

VoG II 22:33 03 Aug 05

To see attachments Tools/Options, Security tab, Untick "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus"

I don't know why you cannot see messages.

Which adware do you have and what have you done to remove it?

DieSse 22:37 03 Aug 05

"suddenly I find that I cannot show the content of messages, either incoming or sent"

To re-enable the preview pane - View - Layout - tick Show Preview Pane

If you double click on a message, does it not open up in a new window?

Stuartli 23:20 03 Aug 05

It's best to disable the Preview Pane PERMANENTLY - it's a key source of allowing viruses etc freedom to do their work.

Click on an e-mail if you know it's safe, otherwise highlight it and right click. You can then view the header and the Message safely.

Any doubts and you can keep clicking OK and then delete the still highlighted e-mail using the Toolbar's Delete button.

DieSse 23:36 03 Aug 05

"It's best to disable the Preview Pane PERMANENTLY"

Only if you use an AV program that you can't trust?

Dasmad 12:36 04 Aug 05

double clicking opens the message with addresses and subject, but the text doesn't appear.
I am still trying to remove the "about-blank" and "search assistant" trojan hijackers, via geeks-to-go helpsite.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…