Loss of thumbnails in ME

molar 11:53 14 Oct 03

I reinstalled Adobe Photoshop Elements as the Crop Tool was not working. Since when, I cannot get my photo files to appear as thumbnails, but just as ikons.
Neither will they open into Adobe Photoshop Elements when I click yto open. I have to open Elements and then open them from there.
I can open a photo into Photoshop 4 LE without any problems.
Has anyone any ideas?
Everything is now very slow and inconvenient

johnnyrocker 11:57 14 Oct 03

if you go to the toolbar of where they are stored you can select views and change it from icons to whatever you wish.

cheers.

johnny

We had this problem and really struggled to find a fix. A bit of inspired 'googling' led to this website. The suggested fix (repair Internet Explorer' worked for us click here

Mango Grummit 13:27 14 Oct 03

This has happened to me. I have been doing quite a lot of imaging work lately. I don't know why I tried this, desperation probably, but I found that if I created a new folder and moved all images to that folder everything returned to normal.

I moved them back later incidentally, and all was OK.

Might work for you, might not. Worth a try anyway!

Good luck, M

molar 16:42 14 Oct 03

Thanks for the ideas. I have tried changing the view as a first move.
I now tried moving a file ( have about 50 files of photos and none views as thumbs, not JPEGS nor tiffs) into a new file but nothing.
I tried looking at ADD/REMOVE for Internet Explorer but have no box offering to repair the file.

I am still stuck with not being able to open files from a file view. It is all very tedious.
Thanks for taking the trouble to give me ideas.

britto 17:42 14 Oct 03

In Add Remove programs select Internet Explorer and click remove, a box will come up giving the option to repair.

ami 21:13 14 Oct 03

Try thumbnail.reg, it was on PC Advisor cover disc October 2002, it worked for me with a similar problem

iarno 22:22 14 Oct 03

I had the same problem last week when sending a few photos via email. All my stored photos in various folders were the same, i could not get a thumbnail preview. but thanks to you guys and gals I just done the repair of IE and all is restored. thanks to Molar for starting this thread.

molar 09:01 15 Oct 03

Thanks once again for the taking the trouble to come up with ideas. I do not get a box offering to repair when I click on remove. Only This will remove--- click yes or no. Incidentally, I have Outlook Express 6 and this seems to cover both IE and OE as one statement. It installed as one package.
I don't have the CD for Oct anymore. I will see if I can find something like it with a search.
Once again, many thanks

iarno 23:47 15 Oct 03

Have you tried downloading IE ver.6 from microsoft that should sort it. good luck

3tg 00:37 16 Oct 03

Sorry to butt in, I would like this in "my postings" so I can refer to it as I have the same problem Many thanks Molar and everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…