Loss of System Tools / Windows Restore from WXP

10x 17:14 08 May 06

Have discovered that the contents of Accessories/System Tools has mysteriously all but vanished (only I/E (no add ons) remains. Consequently I cannot create Restore Points.

When I tried to look on the XP installation disk to see if just Accessories only could br loaded. A message appeared saying that 'Setup could not continue because the version of Windows on my computer is newer than that on the CD. If you decide to delete the newer version of Windows that is currently installed on your computer, the files & settings cannot be recovered'

Could the detection of SP2 be triggering this message, as that is the only thing I can think of that is different since the original installation ? If this is the case, is it safe for mr to proceed ?

Is it possible to select just one part of XP (Accessories) or can one only do a full installation ?

Appreciation to anyone who tries to help me.

Totally-braindead 17:25 08 May 06

Attempt a repair click here but do read it and follow the instructions.

VoG II 17:34 08 May 06

Try click here first.

Totally-braindead 17:42 08 May 06

Oh good one that VoG™ never seen that before.

Dennis1 22:34 08 May 06

Another useful place here.
click here

terryf 23:15 08 May 06

my postings

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…