Loss of sound & video

Field Division 14:26 29 Sep 08

I have windows 2000 (desktop) and keep losing my sound and video freezes whenever I run videos in YouTube or Google video and other sites, I have installed Adobe flash player active X is up to date also drivers have been uninstalled and reinstalled and up to date. Graphics are on board and its Soundmax intergrated, Spybot/Cleaner/adware hasn't picked up anything. The only thing that fixes the issue is a reboot.

Ashrich 23:00 29 Sep 08

Have a look at your processor fan and heatsink , they may need cleaning or re-seating , as this sounds like a heat problem causing the lock-ups . Playing video uses a lot of processor cycles and thereby causes heat , rebooting lets the chip cool down again .

Ashley

Field Division 12:10 30 Sep 08

Might be just these machines then because there are more than 10 of us here with same machines and all get the same issue

Ashrich 18:36 30 Sep 08

Aaah , you never said that it was happening to many PC's , I'd better have another think , have you tried viewing in different browsers , Firefox , Opera etc. ?

Ashley

Field Division 10:46 01 Oct 08

Yes sorry...Firefox 3 appears to be installed and again giving same issue, think I will bin them as they are getting a bit behind the times

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…