Loss of sound after upgrade

SEAWISE DAVE 19:26 08 Sep 03

I recently upgraded from Windows 98 to 98 SE with a full OEM instal. I now have no sound! The device manager tells me I have no driver installed on my Multimedia device.
Any ideas?

pepe 19:28 08 Sep 03

er....hum.....Install the drivers

SEAWISE DAVE 19:37 08 Sep 03

Fair comment, but I tried this from my Voodoo 3 Cd and it does not work. Is there a site to download a new driver?

SEASHANTY 19:48 08 Sep 03

Try this Soundcard drivers site at click here

graham√ 20:15 08 Sep 03

Haharr me hearties! Have you tried the 'update driver' in device manager? Browse to the CD-ROM with the Voodoo CD inserted. You should see what's on the CD and select the driver.

SEAWISE DAVE 21:03 10 Sep 03

My soundcard is a Creative Soundblaster 64. I tried to download a driver but still no joy. Could there be a problem with the mother board. It was aLL ok before the upgrade.

graham√ 21:25 10 Sep 03

As I said in my earlier post, you sometimes have to do it a certain way. In device manager, 'update driver', then 'Browse', rather than select source, with the CD in. It will look in the floppy first, then CD-ROM. You should then see 'Creative...', and select, then OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…