loss of sound

lignum vitae 13:41 20 Jul 05

I have suddenly and for no apparent reason lost all sound to the computer.i have checked the connections round the back and they seem OK.
Anyone any idea how I can restore the sound....

Strawballs 13:44 20 Jul 05

Down in the bottom right hand corner of your screen next to the clock there should be a loudspeaker symbol click on that and check that none of the mute boxes have been checked.

lignum vitae 15:50 20 Jul 05

no checked that non ticked

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 16:23 20 Jul 05

goto control panel>system>hardware>device manager do you have any yellow ? marks in there on the sound part if so you may have to reinstall your sound drivers

john d 1 17:51 20 Jul 05

try system restore all you have to do is restore back to an earlier time when it was working ok
you just pick a date and restore it back to then
you will find it in the following
go to -- programs /accessories / systems tools you will see system restore they and follow the screens
it should work i have done it before
good luck
john d

lignum vitae 19:22 20 Jul 05

John D 1 you are a star.....worked a treat

bob_hope 21:52 20 Jul 05

My problem is the video within a software "French to Go!" won't play the sound. But when I use WM10 or Real player to play the AVI files, they are ok.
Anybody know why?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…