LOSS OF SOUND

OLD CODGER 15:39 25 Jun 05

I am running Windows 98SE. When I returned to my computer after a thunder storm the screen was blank but the HD was running, I tried to reboot after switching off but nowt happened (the HD was not spinning)after I left it a short time I tried again and every thing worked apart from the sound!! and the sound icon was missing from the tool bar.
Can any one help me please

Diodorus Siculus 15:59 25 Jun 05

Do you know the type of soundcard in the machine? If so, go to the manufacturer site and get new drivers; if not, click here
and download Everest which will ID it for you.

OLD CODGER 16:49 25 Jun 05

When I goto Multimedia Devices I get the message-
Intel 56k HaM Serial Wave Device Status: Driver is enabled but inactive due to unknown prblem

pj123 17:05 25 Jun 05

I think you have blown your modem. I have been out to two people yesterday (Friday) who have been struck by the latest lightning storms. Both have had to buy and install new modems.

Pidder 18:27 25 Jun 05

Can't really see the connection between a u/s modem and loss of sound. I wonder if Old Codger has tried running Scandisk, or SFC ? I find the former useful if I get a hang-up with 98 SE.

OLD CODGER 15:42 28 Jun 05

Thanks all I reloaded the Drivers, problem solved.Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…