Loss of sound

3Mac 14:08 28 Dec 03

Problem no sound, have checked on System Properties - Device Manager. under PCI Bus, have 2 entries "PCI standard PCI-to-PCI bridge". Under one it is "PCI Raid Controller" and under the other it is "PCI System Management Bus".
Both have the problem as "driver not installed (Code 28). To install click reinstall driver." On clicking I get update device, Driver Wizard, It goes online but gets nowhere. Have looked for a CD containing a driver but so far no luck. Have also removed all plugs and replaced them. Again no luck. Any help appreciated.
Mac

wee eddie 14:24 28 Dec 03

or it it "on Board"?

What Board?

OS, etc

Have you visited "Sounds" on Control Panel

wee eddie 20:49 30 Dec 03

This is not quite the right quote for this situation but it is apposite. "let loose the dogs (of War)", there'll much more likely be a solution in open forum.

This is what Mac sent me.

Thank you for your prompt reply. Sorry to have been so tardy in my reply but Family and Xmas intruded. Unfortunately I am not now proficient enough to get anywhere with the innards of the PC though I can recall having to get a new sound card when I upgraded to a Pentium 4 when it came out way back. Finished up with a virtual rebuild new case, motherboard etc. Have had no problem with it since then. Have recently installed Norton Anti-Virus 2004 and Mailwasher. Also tried to install Flight Simulator A320 Pro and an update download of FS777-200 Pro to FS2002 Pro but had no luck. It was following this escapade that I noticed that all sounds had gone. I have also tried playing a CD but the Windows Media Player said it couldn't play because of error ID=80040256 remedy ID=0x00000000. Online MS Support suggested Hardware Acceleration Slider set to high. Unfortunately on Settings,
Cntrl Panel, Multimedia, Audio, Playback, The Advanced Properties button was greyed out. So got nowhere. Could the Sound Card have gone Kaput?
Mac.

wee eddie 17:15 31 Dec 03

maybe someone has some ideas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…