Loss of 'send to' CD/DVD combo function

Robert-328012 08:39 30 Jul 04

I have a Dell computer running Windows XP. It is fitted with a Samsung SM-348B CD-RW/DVD drive. All has been fuctioning well until recently! [possibly after I installed SystemSuite]. No matter how I try to restore I cannot get back the lost function of being able to right click on a file and find the 'send to' function listing my 'D' drive. [It lists the 'A'. The 'D'drive is present and fuctioning, plays audio and DVD and is able to read the datadisks of PC Advisor. I can use the 'explore' option and find 'D'. It appears to be working fine.
How can I get the 'drag and drop' and 'send to' functions avaialble again? I can't copy anthing to the CD!

victor meldrew 09:02 30 Jul 04

Go to start- run and type in the box "send to" without the quotes when folder opens go to my computer and drag cd/dvd into folder and this should do it OK.

victor meldrew 09:02 30 Jul 04

Go to start- run and type in the box "send to" without the quotes when folder opens go to my computer and drag cd/dvd into folder and this should do it OK.

Robert-328012 21:23 30 Jul 04

Sorry Victor this does not solve the problem
Run cannot find 'send to' [without quotes]
and search reveals four folders
three in documents and settings (default; administrator and robert j hawker) and a fourth folder in windows\system32\config.
Dragging and dropping D: to these only allows a shortcut!!! and it doesn't seem right anyway.

Any further suggestions?

woodchip 21:40 30 Jul 04

Try this, open Explorer and look for the send to folder under C:\Documents. then right click your DVDCDRW at the bottom and drag a shortcut to the folder above

woodchip 21:42 30 Jul 04

PS it may be under your user name

woodchip 15:07 31 Jul 04

If you go to Search type Send to, it should find the folder then "right click on you CD drive" and drage shortcut to the folder that search found, and choose create shortcut

woodchip 15:08 31 Jul 04

If you go to Search type Send to, it should find the folder then "right click on your CD drive" and drag shortcut to the folder that search found, and choose create shortcut

powerless 15:12 31 Jul 04

is called:

sendto

and not:

send to, this is why it cannot be run from the run command.

woodchip 15:57 31 Jul 04

You are right I was on my 98 comp at the time The Path is C:\Documents and Settings\your own name folder\SendTo, so drage a shortcut into that folder

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…