Loss of Pop Up windows

PeterCutting 23:04 07 Apr 04

Hello,
Sorry this is probably an old thread but I have searched and failed to find what I need.
My XP home edition has suddenly stopped displaying pop ups.It launches a windows frame titled 'I.E provided by freeserve' but nothing appears in it and I can 'see' straight through it to the page beneath and the pointer no longer responds to things on that screen. i.e its like having a transparent window.
I have had Norton 2003 Security for months, which has never done this before and even when I turn it off completely as opposed to just turning off the pop ups bar it doesn't help.
I am stuffed
Help!
Thanks
Peter

Giggle n' Bits 23:10 07 Apr 04

menus and restore back to before your problem occured.

If doesn't help are you actually connecting to the web ?

PeterCutting 23:31 07 Apr 04

Hmm. The XP restore did not seem to show any errors to correct. Should it tell you if there have been any?
And yes I am on line at the time. I amassuming they are pop ups that are not appearing but in gfact it may be any new window on top of an old window is transparent ans tilted as above.
But thanks for your help so far
Any other ideas?
Peter

PeterCutting 00:08 08 Apr 04

have restored the computer ( having now found what you meant last time...sorry)
Still no joy
?ideas
thanks
Peter

VoG II 06:20 08 Apr 04

http:// support.microsoft.com/?kbid=281679

Copy this, paste into address bar, remove the space after // and click Go.

Follow the instructions.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…