loss of mic

YAMA 23:54 26 Aug 07

right thanks to the help got my twain working ok,
now for this one , my mic has stopped working, I'm getting sound ok, but when i come to use the mic no good, tried changing the mic and still no good, so please help, regards yama

Stuartli 00:05 27 Aug 07

Double click on the Volume icon>Options>Properties>check that Mike is Enabled in the boxes menu in both Playback and Record (and/or not Muted)

Try the test hardware wizard in the sound and audio devices in control panel. It is in the voice tab.

YAMA 23:17 27 Aug 07

right I have had that many go's at testing, and nat first i was just getting a green show at the bottom, so what i did this time i do not know as i did this then that,any way now I get a reply play back like echoing, and verry loud humming & whisle, JUST A MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,??? and have to quickly switch off at the sub woofer system. had a go three time same responce, so can you say what needs doing,??? cheers yama

birdface 07:04 28 Aug 07

Hi,If you have windows or msn messenger downloaded.You can try. Tools, Audio and video set up.And try your sound on there. See if that helps.

YAMA 01:08 29 Aug 07

thanks a lot for all the help, what I did was, un couple the pc, compleat. and reconected again, and low and behold. every thjng work as it should be, also gave every thing a good cleaning, conectors as well, so thanks for all the advice. regards yama

YAMA 03:28 01 Nov 07

thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant