Loss of local disc d:

dugit 14:48 16 Jun 07

Some time ago I created master CDs for the Packard Bell I have which then produced a local disk d: as user guide predicted.
I have recently used the recovery programme and now the local disk d: has disappeared is that normal and is d: now assimilated in the hard disc c: ?

Diemmess 15:29 16 Jun 07

From long time reading posts in this forum, NOT from personal experience:........

I assuming that you have recently used the recovery disks and that all is running as it should?

Also that your two local disks are C: & D: while the CD device has the E: position?

If my guess is correct then Packard Bell put the data necessary for recovery into D: (The CD you burned carries instructions to extract vital bits of the OS and overwrite the damaged original code in C:)

The normal arrangement would be for D: to remain hidden but accessible via that recovery CD.

Now that all seems to be working again it may have gone to the default (D: hidden) once more.

You may be able to see the hidden partition through Folder Options Tools etc., but if the computer is working again leave it and don't worry.
You didn't say which OS you are using and it doesn't matter unless you still have problems in which case post as much detail as you can to allow better brains than mine sort the matter for you.

Whatever, the info. won't have been absorbed in Drive C, just the vital bits copied to replace the corrupted ones.

dugit 15:34 16 Jun 07

Am using windows xp, everything seems to be working ok, so what I have may be normal.Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5