Loss of Internet Explorer Favourites

whitehall 21:11 22 Aug 05

Would anyone know why after the installation of Outlook 98, to upgrade Outlook Express, all my Internet Explorer Favourites have disappeared?

GaT7 22:05 22 Aug 05

Are Favourites showing up in Outlook (OL)?

OL & Internet Explorer (IE) work with each other in some ways, & your version of IE (which I assume is the latest) may not be fully compatible with an old version of OL.

Try repairing IE click here. G

PS - What operating system are you running?

whitehall 22:29 23 Aug 05

I think you are right, have just run a repair to no avail, but have managed to re-create my list of favourites, the long way, from scratch again, oh well.

cdbits 18:22 28 Feb 06

I have just set up a new machine (Win XP home). I copied my favourites to the appropriate file and was please to see Explorer access them. However it has just lost them (reports favourires file empty but when I try to save an old favourite it says it already exists. If I save a new favourite the list remians empty.
Can anyone help here?

johnnyrocker 18:38 28 Feb 06

system restore?

cdbits 21:19 01 Mar 06

Sorry guys - found the problem. I had hidden the favourites folder (from another partition of the PC - the disk is running 2 operating systems) My partition was set to show hidden files but Explorer doesn't seem to be included in this!! Removing the hidden folder tag gives access again to Explorer. So - Internet Explorer can't see hidden files!

brambles 21:39 02 Mar 06

If you register here you'll never lose/misplace them again & you can view them from any computer anywhere click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…