Loss of internet connetion in Vista

R_O_B 08:50 25 Jan 08

Hi,

I'm currently a talk talk broadband subscriber, using a wireless router which is hard wired to my PC (ETHERNET). For some reason, every 5 days, the connection dissapears and the Lan ICON that usually reads "Local and Internet" reads only "Local" meaning I can no longer access the internet. Its not the router as I can still connect wirelessly via Xbox 360 and Wii but the Pc won't let me.

Is there an obvious reason for this repeated loss, at the moment the only wy I can get it back online is by reinstalling the router from the cd, but this is getting a bit tiresome as I'm having to do it every week.

xania 09:07 25 Jan 08

Could be a Vista problem. Check that the CD contains a driver for Vista, and/or go to the manufacturers web-sitee for the latest driver.

setecio 09:22 25 Jan 08

xania, you don't need any drivers for ethernet connections.

If you turn off all the machines including the router, wait 30 seconds, turn on the router and wait 3 minutes for it to settle, then turn on the PC, will it not then connect?

R_O_B 11:53 26 Jan 08

That seems to have worked for now, although I'm not sure of it will remain active. Thanks for the help, if I don't come back then the problem's solved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac