Loss of Internet connection Icon

chas 12:26 29 Mar 04

A friend of mine has lost the 'Two Screens' internet connection icon at the bottom of his screen.
Any ideas on how to get it back??

ventanas 12:37 29 Mar 04

Control Panel\Network Connections. Right click the connection and choose Properties. Ensure that "Show icon in notification area" is ticked.

spikeychris 12:39 29 Mar 04

Right click the connection he is using in network connections (control panel) and tick the box.

chas 12:56 29 Mar 04

Sounds good, will try next time I see him.
While we are at it, is it possible to put a desktop icon at the bottom of the screen enabeling a return to desktop with out resizing application?? Win 98
Tks

skell 13:55 29 Mar 04

There should already be a desktop icon on the bottom left hand side of the task bar next to the Start. but if not right click the toolbar select toolbar and there should be an option for quicklaunch make sure that is ticked.

chas 15:12 29 Mar 04

Re Skell. I have tried that and I get two or three 'application' styled boxes not an icon. I used to have an icon, but like everything else on this computer it has a mind of it's own and disapeared. Think it needs a good spring clean but to frightened to contemplate it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…