Loss of disk space

ableddyn 20:27 18 Nov 03

I have installed & run Evidence Eliminator 3.1 SE on my new win XP PC. This program worked fine with my old win 98 PC.
The problem I have is that win XP cannot now access the free disc space (some 110GB). The PC is reporting I have run out of space.
What can I do to remedy this please?

Thank you.
Regards,

ableddyn

MichelleC 09:25 19 Nov 03

I would suggest either a restore or uninstall.

Jester2K II 09:31 19 Nov 03

Seeing as they are now on Version 5 maybe Evidence Eliminator 3.1 SE isn't XP compatible!?

alcudia 10:24 19 Nov 03

Jester 2K II is right (as usual). You need version 5.055 if you are using XP (or any NTFS system)

ableddyn 00:00 20 Nov 03

MichelleC, I can't restore as I don't have any disk space. Have uninstalled but EE has overwritten all my free disc space.

Jester2k II, EE 3.1SE isn't XP compatible - how can I undo this disc overwrite?

alcudia, are you suggesting if I install version 5.055 will this release my disk space?

My thanks to all who respond.

dazzling (work) 00:14 20 Nov 03

michelle i think is suggesting you restore using xp's system restore to a date before you installed evidence eliminator. goto start programs accesories system tools (i think)system restore.it will give you a calendar with restore points click on one before ee installation and restore it and hopefully that will solve the problem.darren

dazzling (work) 00:18 20 Nov 03

sorry didnt read the no disk space bit properly.have you run scandisk it may tell you that you have a big file on your hard drive thats just taking up space and give you the option to remove it.darren

alcudia 09:05 20 Nov 03

Don't know the answer to what you ask, as I don't use it. I found out the info by using google. If you intend to continue using this program when you resolve this issue you will have to get this version, so I would try it.

Otherwise it looks like a reformat.

ableddyn 16:38 23 Nov 03

Dazzling, I couldn't find scandisk under XP, Alcudia, I was contemplating a reformat & started taking software off to release space when something very odd happened. After uinstalling a game demo - my disc space came back! The uninstall process had done something to remove the effect of EE on the disk.
Anyway, it's back to go, thank god!
Thank you for all your help & suggestions.
Regards,
Ableddyn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…