Loss of CDROM and CDRW

onokeck 17:11 19 May 03

What on earth has happened!!! I have quite suddenly "lost" my CDRom and rewriter (seperate drives- D & E). When I try to open I get a message that the drive refers to a location that is unavailable. The devices no longer appear in My Computer, nor or they shown in the devices tab of Systems in the settings. I have not opened the case in months and have added no new hardware/software. The case has not been moved or knocked. Both devices were installed by the manufacturer (Evesham) when purchased in 2000. Thanks for any advise/suggestions. Casey

BigMoFoT 17:52 19 May 03

Delete the via bus master from within device manager and also download the latest hyperion v4.16 from via arena.com..

Also if that does not work open the registry editor and delete scsi, mf and esdi from, hkey local machine > enum.

Rtus 17:56 19 May 03

Have you checked bios settings To see if IDE channel enabled for the drives, I assume its IDE-2 master & slave ? there are known instances of bios defaulting to "None" setting on secondry channels

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…