Loss of CDR

Trilby2 22:21 11 Dec 04

After installing XP SP2 update I have lost my CDR,that is it will raed the Disc but it will not play music (Sound)
I went to the Device Manager and all though the CDR was reconised, it did note that it was ok.
But I noticed that there was a yellow warning next the following,Ethernet Controller,SM BUS Controller and Multimedia Audio Controller.

I attempted to restore the system to a preious date, no joy here, and needles to say I could not restore the thre controllers. The message I get from my Instalation Cd is cannot find the software in order to restore thes files.
I would appreciate any advice.

Trilby2

ICF 07:45 12 Dec 04

Is it onboard sound (on motherboard) or do you have a sound card installed

ICF 07:48 12 Dec 04

What kind of set up have you got?

Motherboard type?

Trilby2 11:27 12 Dec 04

Yes I have a Sound Card ICF

Trilby2

Trilby2 11:27 12 Dec 04

Yes I have a Sound Card ICF

Trilby2

ICF 19:41 12 Dec 04

Try and re-install the sound card drivers and your chipset drivers.

ICF 19:48 12 Dec 04

Does your motherboard have onboard Ethernet? If so get the drivers from your motherboard drivers disc & the chipset drivers while your at it.

For the most up to date drivers look on the web.

Trilby2 09:30 13 Dec 04

Thanks ICF,it seems that the machine is going into a state of malaise, for want of a better word, it is not responding to several actions, I have got to the position of considering a format and reinstalling.Thanks for you advice.
Trilb2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…