loss of cd drives

chris48 13:34 02 Jun 06

a question about the loss of access to my CD readable drive (d drive), and also the CD re-writeable (e drive).

I ran my system Defragmenting program, but before that I ran the Disk Cleanup, and emptied my temp folders, I also closed down all the other programmes that were running, except Systray, and Explorer, this is my usual practice before running Defragmentaion, but this time when I tried to play a CD nothing happened, and when I go to my computer the CD icons for Drive D & E are not present. if I try to use the Run program it can not be found.

Stuartli 13:41 02 Jun 06

You may have loose connections to your drives but try uninstalling both drives in Device Manager and rebooting.

Windows should Find New Hardware and reinstall the basic CDROM driver for both drives.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:23 02 Jun 06

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
(This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio or other writing software.)

click here

or
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them.
Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…