Loss of category view in My Computer

Kazzabeee 23:38 21 Jun 03

I have Windows XP Home Edition installed. A couple of weeks ago my view of My Computer has changed. It used to be in category view, so My Document and Shared Documents were in the top category followed by fixed disks followed by CD drives and removable drives. How do I get back to this view. All I see now is an icon for each drive, much the same as you get with Windows 98. I am an ICT tutor and am constantly working on worksheets for my students. This means I can't do screenshots of My Computer as it won't look the same as the computers at work.

Any help/advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

jazzypop 23:49 21 Jun 03

"If you want Windows Explorer to open to the folder C:\My Documents, for example, right-click the Windows Explorer shortcut that you use to run the program and choose "Properties."

At the Windows Explorer Properties dialog box, click the Shortcut tab. Click in the Target entry box, and then press End. Add to the end of the existing line "/E, C:\My Documents". The complete line in the Target entry box should now be: %SYSTEMROOT%\EXPLORER.EXE /E, C:\My Documents

The /E switch tells Windows Explorer to open in the two-pane Explorer mode and the C:\ tells it to open in folder C:\. If you wish to have Explorer open in the C:\ drive, leave off "My Documents." If you omit the /E switch, Windows Explorer opens in a single-pane view."

Source - click here

See also click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…