Loss of audio output

nam_rahs 11:26 AM 20 Sep 11

My PC is an HP m7755uk Pavillion, recently my graphics card failed. I fitted a replacement (not identical to the failed one) but this cured my problem and I now have a good display. However, since the fitting of this graphics card I have lost all audio. If go to "SOUND" I receive the message "No audio device installed" can anyone please advise? Thanks. nats-rahs

gengiscant 12:00 PM 20 Sep 11

Go here HP Drivers and download and re-install your Audio drivers:

nam_rahs 15:27 PM 20 Sep 11

Thanks gengiscant, I have done as you advised, but without any result. I am still getting the message "No audio device installed" I omitted to state that audio is onboard Leonite-GL8E motherboard Realtek HD. Many thanks nam-rahs

avesnes1 18:31 PM 20 Sep 11

nam_rahs, I had the same problem a few weeks ago. This cured the loss of sound.

Go into your BIOS, find "Onboard Audio"and change "Auto" to "Enabled". Save this changed setting and exit BIOS. Hope it works for you.

Regards avesnes

nam_rahs 19:44 PM 20 Sep 11

Many, Many thanks avesnes 1, this has also cured my Audio problem. So easy when you know how.

Again Many thanks, nats-rahs

avesnes1 16:14 PM 23 Sep 11

nam_rahs, Thanks for your reply (apologies for my delay-I've been away for a couple of days.) Just out of interest, my local computer shop was unaware of this easy fix!!

Glad it worked for you. Regards avesnes1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off