losing wireless connection

sub0 08:23 10 Jun 06

I used to have 2 wireless adapters - 1 internal and 1 external. Both worked fine, but sometimes the internal one lost the connection. Then my router died, so I had to get rid of the external one.
Now, the internal adapter keeps losing the connection more and more, so that I sometimes have periods where there is suddenly no connection at all.
The utility for the adapter says that I have a 'good' signal, but then just loses it.
I have uninstalled the old, external adapter from Devices, and also uninstalled and reinstalled the internal adpater, but it didn't work.
The only advice I've received so far other than that is to reformat the machine! Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Ikelos 08:48 10 Jun 06

just of interest, if it is/was a bt voyager router, are you sure it is not too far away, the signal gets dropped when the router tries to fine a stronger signal, which is does on a cycle.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…