Losing USB Power on Internet Connection.

spuds 11:06 13 Feb 05

Just lately, I seem to have an increasing 'drop-out' failure with my internet connection via a SpeedTouch 330 modem. The modem was connected via the computer USB1 point, and this as now been changed to a self powered USB1 Hub.Which ever connection I use, it doesn't seem to make much difference, I still keep getting 'drop-outs'. Could the fault be caused by a possible failing motherboard, which may not be giving a constant USB computer point connection. Would a new USB2 facility motherboard solve the problem!.

I have been through all the SpeedTouch 330 modem problems in the past, with the VIA chipsets etc, so I am cancelling this out at the moment, as a modem problem, unless you have another theory.

Gratitudes and Thanks as always.

spuds 11:08 14 Feb 05

^bump^

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:10 14 Feb 05

Have you tried another make of modem to see if it is the modem or computer that is at fault?

G

spuds 11:35 14 Feb 05

Gandalf-- Yep, tried a Sagem [email protected] 800 E2T.

leo49 12:00 14 Feb 05

Cheap solution would be to fit a PCI adsl card and eliminate USB-root problems.They're going for nothing on Ebay as more folk switch to routers and get into networking.I bought one on there last weekend for £8.50 and fitted it in a friend's PC when his BB was activated.No more fretting over dropped connections and red and green flashing lights - fit it and forget it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…