Losing Pinned Web Sites Firefox

tonyq 12:46 PM 08 Feb 13

I pinned a number of web sites using Firefox with latest updates. When I opened Firefox the next time there were nothing pinned. I may have used CCleaner before shutting down,could this have caused the problem?

Chronos the 2nd 14:22 PM 08 Feb 13

I do not know the answer to your question but could I suggest pinning some more sites then shutting down/restarting without using CCleaner and seeing if they are there or not.

tonyq 14:27 PM 08 Feb 13

Chronos the 2nd ,

I will try that.I forgot to say that I am using Windows 7.

Chronos the 2nd 14:31 PM 08 Feb 13

Shouldn't think that matters but helpful to know.

tonyq 14:39 PM 08 Feb 13

Ccleaner is the culprit. Any ideas what to do?

johndrew 15:04 PM 08 Feb 13

Go into Ccleaner and under 'Applications' look at what cleaning you have selected for Firefox. Unticking these will stop the removal, but will also prevent any cleaning so you may wish a bit of trial as to which actually removes your pinned sites.

tonyq 15:39 PM 08 Feb 13

I have ccleaner set to deault settings, and have unticked the following *,one at a time, all loose my pinned tabs.

**Applications Firefox/Mozilla**

*Internet Cache *Internet History *Cookies *Download History *Session

Chronos the 2nd 16:49 PM 08 Feb 13

Why the need to use CCleaner each time you shut down your PC by the way?

tonyq 16:58 PM 08 Feb 13

Chronos the 2nd

I don't always run Ccleaner before shutdown.

difarn 17:00 PM 08 Feb 13

Are you perhaps using the Firefox "remove recent browsing, search and download history" option to clear browsing history each time you shut down? If so, this could be the culprit.

tonyq 18:03 PM 08 Feb 13

Its only when I use Ccleaner,the Pinned tabs get removed.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites