Losing internet history

compumac 21:39 29 Nov 07

I know that this has been asked before but I have searched the forum and am unable to find it.

Over the past week I have found that whereas I could see my internet history going back two to three weeks I have lost that facility and now it seems to retain it for perhaps a couple of days and then loses it all again. I use CCleaner and Windows Internet History is NOT checked so it is not CCleaner. Any thoughts out there?

citadel 21:51 29 Nov 07

tools. internet options, browsing history, settings. select number of days you want.

compumac 22:45 29 Nov 07

Tools. internet options, browsing history, settings already set at 45 days.

compumac 22:46 29 Nov 07

compumac 22:47 29 Nov 07

compumac 22:48 29 Nov 07

Sorry I must have hiccups

Coffee Adict 08:16 30 Nov 07

On the same page as setting browsing history days is an option to up space allocated did you adjust that as well, I have mine set to 40 days and the maximum space allowed.

compumac 08:19 30 Nov 07

I am still using IE6 and there is no option to up space shown. This change to history has happened without me knowingly changed anything.

compumac 11:41 30 Nov 07

bump

compumac 18:52 30 Nov 07

One last bump

Coffee Adict 21:24 30 Nov 07

Just fired up old computer with IE6 on, there is a setting to alter amount of space allocated to temporay internet files, just needs another click. On same page that sets number of days there is Temporay Internet Files click box that says settings and another should open allowing you to alter amount, its a slider or you can type in what you want.
Of course this doesn't solve original problem as to why it happened.
If you use XP you could try doing a restore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac