Losing Internet Connection

NSBT 12:16 13 Nov 07

Hi

Over the last 48 hours I keep losing my internet connect at all times of the day and night, would this be something to do with my ISP, when I lose it, I have to click on repair.

I'm on Broadband with Virgin Media, and running windows XP.

TIA

eedcam 13:09 13 Nov 07

Contact your isp they should have an online check/test system that you can run . Also check your own connections perhaps try another Filter if you have one youmay well be asked to do that by your isp .

NSBT 13:30 13 Nov 07

Hi eedcam

My ISP uses an 0906 premium rate number, which I was trying to avoid, however, i guess I'll have to call it.

btw, what's filter, (I've no idea)

TIA

User-1159794 13:41 13 Nov 07

Have a look here.
click here

User-1159794 13:44 13 Nov 07

Sorry use this link and type in virgin media.

click here

birdface 16:54 13 Nov 07

Hi,When you click on repair does it come up with a DNS problem.If so try Control panel.Administrative tools.Services.Scroll down to DNS Client and make sure it is set to automatic.Sometimes if you switch your modem of at the wall socket for 20 seconds,Then switch it back on and leave it for 2 minutes that helps.Or try Tools, Internet Options.Connections. Lan Settings.And tick Automatically detect settings,Ok. Apply.Ok.

birdface 16:56 13 Nov 07

If you connected by Cable you will not need a filter.

NSBT 19:37 13 Nov 07

Hi buteman

No I don't think it does, however, I'm going to leave this thread open and see what is says next time it happens and post back.

Also, I'm connected by a Belkin modem and Linksys router, does that make sense?

And thanks so far for your help.

birdface 19:47 13 Nov 07

Yes sorry but I have no idea about routers,Probably be a Firewall Problem but will leave it for someone else to give you the advice that you need.

birdface 16:00 15 Nov 07

<>

NSBT 17:22 15 Nov 07

OK, I think I'm sorted on this, it may have been a problem with my ISP, as I've not had a problem for 24 hours.

Thanks for the help and advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac