Losing Internet after half hour on talk talk isp.

LAPTOPBABE 16:13 13 Nov 06

Hi Mu neice as just got a new laptop which i have just set up for her to run wirelessly. i have done this before with success four times. She is on Talk Talk and i have only done it on AOL before. I had to ask for help on the netgear help number, they were very good and took me through everything so i know it is all set up right there. The problem is after about half an hour the internet goes off on the laptop, we don't know about the man PC as no-one has been on it for that long. Then my neice goes upstairs, unplugs the router, plugs it in again and it is ok again. The router is a netgear dg834g and she is using a netgear card in the laptop. Is it to do with Talk Talk does anyone think? Or is there a setting which is wrong on the router which we missed? I don't remember seeing anything when setting up the other 4 times on AOL. Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Ashrich 18:35 13 Nov 06

Check the MTU settings on the router , set to 1492 or lower , not below 1400 , about 1450 seems about right , see if it works for you ...

Ashley

LAPTOPBABE 19:44 13 Nov 06

Netgear told me to set it at 1400 the same as AOL which I did. Do you think that is wrong? I don't think they were really sure as She asked me to try a couple of settings before we landed on that one. I thought it was only AOL who used that setting.

Ashrich 00:36 14 Nov 06

Have you been upgraded to the 8 meg broadband by any chance click here these , you might glean some more info ...not looking good though :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017