Losing Display and System Freeze

Jonno131 22:00 07 Dec 05

I'm running Win XP Home on a 2700+ Athlon. The motherboard is a FIC K7M-400 with 32meg onboard graphics. I've just reinstalled the video adapter driver - VIA/S3G Unichrome IGP as it was showing as a problem in Device Manager and I was getting system hangs, no response to KBd input or mouse. This seemed to cure the problem for a couple of days but now I'm getting a blank screen (not the screensaver) with no response to KBd or mouse and sometimes a screen message "No video input" at what seems to be random intervals and have to reboot. My monitor is a Philips 150B. Can anyone assist please?

PC Bilbo 22:25 07 Dec 05

If your mobo light is on and CPU fan is working it could be you have a power supply problem or possibly a connector not making proper contact.

Jonno131 10:30 08 Dec 05

Thanks PC Bilbo. I wondered about power as I'm running 3 HDs. I'll disconn them and see how things shape up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…