Losing connection when using anti virus software

hlshp 11:14 06 Feb 09

I have an emachines 3010 running XP Pro. I have tried running AVG Free and Mcafee anti virus software. They go on OK but I lose my internet connection. Soon as I uninstall I am back on, no problem. I have tried a different browser but the result is the same. Can anybody help please?

Clapton is God 11:30 06 Feb 09

Never, ever have more than one AV program on a PC.

They will clash and possibly even cancel each other out.

Decide which one you prefer and choose that. AVG is free and will do a perfectly acceptable job.

The disconnections you're suffering may be the result of the two programs clashing.

birdface 11:33 06 Feb 09

Maybe have a look at the last 3 click heres on this thread.
click here
Will your Security programs still update.
Unfortunately Lisa has not been back on for the last couple of days so I fear the worst.Maybe have a good read at both of her threads to see the problems that she encountered.It was just going from bad to worse.And like you she used to loose her Internet Connection as well.

ambra4 11:34 06 Feb 09

“I have tried running AVG Free and Mcafee anti virus”

You cannot run two antivirus at the same time uninstall one

hlshp 11:37 06 Feb 09

I tried them both at different times. I was only running one at a time.

birdface 11:46 06 Feb 09

Save a lot of time if you try this.30 day trial.Well worth a go.it will delete anything that it finds not like some of those programs that find faults then ask you to pay to remove them.
click here
I have downloaded it just to try it.it has found no problems on mine But I bet it finds a few on yours.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…