Losing connection

ivesy 18:12 09 Jun 07

I have a Dlink G604T. The problem here is even though I can connect fine to my new ISP (plusnet) via the Router and ethernet cable etc my partner is finding she can connect to the network for maybe anything from 10 mins to 40 mins before she loses the connection.

I'm wondering how this is happening bearing in my mind the only thing to change recently is I've moved to a new ISP. I've had the new settings confirmed by Plusnet and Dlink but I don't understand why the loss of connection at what appears to be random times.

I did have to do a reset with the router to get it to work initially so I'm assuming one of the settings has been changed but I'm not sure which one! Is it possible the router too old? I've had it around 4 years now. The other PC is based downstairs (as normal) so it's not like it's out of range and when it is connected the signal is excellent. Anyone with any ideas? It would be very much appreciated. Thanks

ivesy 18:14 09 Jun 07

If I do need a new one can anyone suggest a good reliable one with a decent helpline if I need to call them for assistance? I rang DLINK today and spent 24 mins on hold and 2 minutes talking to someone who had no idea how to help me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…