Losing connection

MAX691KTM 10:10 17 Aug 06

It started a few weeks ago with "big" attachment files 200kb and above - last week was 54kb and above - and now, just almost any email.
As soon as I start to send an email my wireless connection cuts me off.
Some sort of firewall may have something to do with it. Outlook didn't like files sent with the same name. Somehow, I think, I have disabled that.
Automatic update may have something to do with it, perhaps; I would like to disable them as well, maybe.
What is the cause of such a problem, please?

johnnyrocker 10:44 17 Aug 06

check the e mail properties and check if hang up after send receive is ticked, if so untick it and should solve prob.

johnny.

MAX691KTM 17:22 17 Aug 06

The Properties I see under FIle - i think are the wrong ones.

johnnyrocker 17:24 17 Aug 06

tools/options/connection

johnny.

MAX691KTM 09:18 18 Aug 06

No, thank you - that was not the problem. I have taken away, a while back, my Firewall with Macafee but, despite not been registered with them anymore, downloads keep coming in. I call it Firewall but probably that is not the right term. Every time I was sending an email with the same subject - "it" was rejecting the email. It could be a coincidence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…