Lose net connection on reboot TCPIP protocol prob.

Ironman556 11:46 24 Mar 05

Hi I have a PIII 500, 384MB RAM, connecting to Pipex broadband via a D-Link DWL-150 wireless adapter and a Netgear DG-824M router.

The internet has been fine for ages, then suddenly it started getting slow and eventually dropped. Now every time I shutdown/reboot I can't connect unless I remove the TCP/IP protocol from the connection, reboot then re-install it and I can use the net perfectly again.

The LAN connection is fine and connects to the router every time.

I have run ad-aware, lsp fix which hasn't selected anything for me to uninstall, and a winsock fix without any luck. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ironman556 02:08 28 Mar 05

Anyone?

Dan the Doctus 03:12 28 Mar 05

All I can suggest is Spybot S&D click hereclick here and MS AntiSpyware (XP/2K only) click here to check for spyware.

You could also try removing all junk files off your system with CleanUp! click here

Couple of online AV scanners: Trend HouseCall online AV click here and Panda ActiveScan online AV click here

Could also try cleaning your registry - RegSeeker click here

Remove any unnecessary start-up entries as well, Startup Inspector click here

Defrag your hard drive as well, and check it's not full.

Dan the Doctus 03:24 28 Mar 05

With RegSeeker, run it repeatedly until no bad entries are found.

Ironman556 13:03 28 Mar 05

Will try the above

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…