Lop.Com invasion of registry

Cessna 00:55 19 Aug 04

My PC has become over run with crap from some company called Lop.com. It has taken over my registry and added a very very annoying search toolbar at the bottom of the screen every time i open internet explorer. this toolbox can be closed, but not gotten rid of and its there next time i open internet explorer.

I dont know where this thing came from... firstly Norton firewall let it through, Norton Antivirus cant find it, Hijack This cant find it, Spybot cant find it, Spywareblaster cant find it, and I even paid for the full on professional version of Ad Aware and that cant find it either.

Now a lot of the bits and pieces it did to the registry i can find and delete using regedit, thats no problem; but finding the script that loads up this toolbar when internet explorer is opened is driving me insane.

Does anyone know how to find and eliminate this?

your friend for life if you do........

hugh-265156 01:29 19 Aug 04
  Cessna 01:47 19 Aug 04

thanks huggy. yes i managed to get rid of this curse. it involved actually reinstalling the offending program; which was msnmessenger plus. and then uninstalling it again.

why on earth would any company wanting to get a reputation for itself as designing great programs like msn plus actually allow some malicious, down right worthless, sneaky, ££££££ company to insert this spyware garbage into their program and no doubt cause untold millions to suffer and weep in all the frustrations imaginable.

beggars belief. anyway, its a cautionary tale to all and sundry. be very careful if you decide to install msn messenger plus.

hugh-265156 02:04 19 Aug 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac