LOP....can anyone help?

BigMan24 19:44 08 Oct 04

HI there,

When I open up my web-browser I get this very annoying toolbar/search box at the bottom of my screen, sometimes i can just press close and it goes away but recently its not moving at all.

After running adawareSE I got quite alot of files that had something to do with lop. But just cant seem to get rid of them.

I done a search through search all files and folders and loads of files came up with the name lop in it. They were all PPD files (i've no idea what they are) in the Windows/Driver Cache folder. When i right click on the file it only gives me the option of Copy or Extract. The strange thing is that all these files were created in July 2001, but i've only had this computer for a year!

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Its driving me nuts!

Lionheart ? 19:55 08 Oct 04

Try scanning with Spybot S&D, download update then scan click here

Nellie2 19:56 08 Oct 04

Without seeing a hijack log I don't know what has managed to install itself along with lop!

Try running these two uninstallers.

click here

click here

If you are still having problems after that then post back

Audeal 19:56 08 Oct 04

This is what your PPD files are. PPD=PostScript Printer Description. Don't know if it means anything to you because it don't me.

Have you tried using Spybot S&D ? click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:58 08 Oct 04

click here and you could also turn off system restore and then turn it back on. This will clear all the restore files which could have lop in them.

G

Lionheart ? 20:00 08 Oct 04

Take Nellie2 advice, she is more clued up on these sort of things.

BigMan24 23:23 08 Oct 04

Thanks for the replies!

Nellie2, I ran those two programs. But adaware still picks some stuff up that cant seem to be removed. You said about viewing a hijack log, is that the same as the program "hijack this"? I have that but have never used it. If I made up a log would you be able to take a look at it and tell me if you think anything needs done?

GANDALF <|:-)>, how do i turn off system restore then turn it back on?

Thanks Lionheart ?,Nellie2, Audeal and GANDALF <|:-)> for replying so quickly!

bvw in bristol 23:41 08 Oct 04

To turn off System Restore, follow these steps:

Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.

Click the System Restore tab.

Select the Turn off System Restore check box (or the Turn off System Restore on all drives check box), and then click OK.

Click Yes when you receive the prompt to the turn off System Restore.

Nellie's HJT tutorial:

click here

Nellie2 00:10 09 Oct 04

Of course I'll have a look for you, if you have had hijackthis for a while then delete the version you have and download the updated version 1.98.2 click here Generate a log and post it here, you may have to do it in two posts as there is an 800 word limit here... I would be grateful if you could double space it too... makes it easier for me to read.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…