loosing Broadband speed

Phil-UK 13:06 13 Oct 08

Hello

I live with 5 other people, I got my broadband (AOL) moved from my house to this house and in the evening we seem to get very poor download speed

I just ran a speed check at click here

and our current download is 3792Kbps with a upload of 348Kbps

at night this really drops and sometimes we even lose the connection for a hour or so.

I understand evening is a peak time so this can affect it but is there anything we can do to improve it?

Thanks

setecio 16:48 13 Oct 08

It is odd to lose the connection if it is a contention issue. Noise on the line increases at night but I doubt it would have that much of an effect unless there is something that only operates at night ... machinery, plant equipment ??

setecio 16:49 13 Oct 08

If you want to pursue investigations, I'd suggest this forum where they are very helpful
click here

Phil-UK 17:42 13 Oct 08

I don't think there is anything like machinery near that effects it, I did have a look how far away the house is from the exchange and its not too far, its even stranger when I do a check and it says I should be able to get 6Mbps

thank you both for replying and i will check the website out

Thanks

ambra4 21:54 13 Oct 08

Go to section 5 page 18 in the manual will tell you how to set up a Wireless ad hoc network set-up

Use this section if you want to connect the HP All-in-One directly to a wireless-capable

computer without using a wireless router or access point.

ambra4 21:57 13 Oct 08

sorry wrong posting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…