Loose Case

bryrach 16:11 29 Mar 03

A while ago I posted a message about my computer making loud noises. Someone suggested that it was a loose case, I have since then came to the conclusion that this is the problem. Anyway how do I make my case less loose (tighten it). I would be incredibly grateful if anyone could provide me with any help. Thanks In Advance

Pesala 16:33 29 Mar 03

Try to locate where the rattle is coming from by listening with a rolled up tube of paper.

Remove the case cover and stick some small bits of foam on the case so that the cover has to compress the foam as you tighten the screws.

While the cover is off, check the CD-ROM and Hard drives for movement. There may be some vibration there if they are not firmly fixed in the drive bays. Try the same approach if that seems to be the root cause of the problem.

Be very careful not to block any ventilation holes. Use several small self-adhesive pads, no bigger than a postage stamp.

Forum Editor 16:48 29 Mar 03

Get one of those tubes of clear silicone that you can buy in DIY stores.

Extrude a bead of the stuff in a crisscross pattern over the inside of the case panels, taking great care not to get any silicone anywhere other than on the case panel.

Leave it off overnight to cure thoroughly, and it will act as a very effective damper - killing any annoying little buzzes and vibrations on the casing.

billyliv 17:37 29 Mar 03

Hi, I have the same prob but the only difference is, the loose screw is the one that is using it.cheers, Bill

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…